· 1/2 cup Talisker 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
· 2 whole shallots peeled and fine diced
· 1/8 cup of soy sauce, I like tamari, which is gluten free
· 2 tbsp flaked dried kelp · (seaweed is a super food and will add a spectacular briny umami to the mignonette)
· 1 tbsp finely cracked black pepper
· Place everything in a mason jar and shake it well to combine all the flavours
This mignonette would also make a delicious sauce if you added 2 tbsp of whole butter and quickly warmed it up in a pot over medium heat and poured it over your favourite summer BBQ’d fish.
Show your guests how to unlock uncharted depths of flavour by dropping a dram into your oyster shell – this is fun adventure for your tastebuds!