If you think that ketchup is made only from tomatoes, think again! This savoury-sweet ‘ketchup’ made with sweet cherries, honey and red wine vinegar makes for a great stand-in condiment for any burger.
Naramata Cherry ‘Ketchup’
- 2lbs fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- Combine pitted cherries, honey, red wine vinegar, salt and cracked black pepper in a small pot over low/medium heat until the ketchup becomes a jam-like texture.
- Remove from heat and taste. Adjust the ketchup by adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread generously on beef, salmon or halibut burger.
As seen on the Marilyn Denis Show on CTV / July 2, 2021, view the segment here.