Serves: 1 serving
- 1 oz. Sheringham Distillery’s Kazuki Gin
- 1 oz. Esquimalt Wine Company’s Rosso Vermouth
- 0.50 oz. The Woods Spirit Co. Amaro
- 0.50 oz. Arbutus Distillery’s Amaro #4
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass, fill with ice, and stir
- Strain over a large ice cube in an old fashioned or rocks glass
- Garnish with a thinly sliced apple
- Serve in an old fashioned or rocks glass with a large ice cube and a freshly sliced apple.
This is a bang on take on a classic Negroni, made with an all BC distilled line up of spirits. The gin: Sheringham Distillery’s Kazuki Gin, a Naramata Inn favourite amongst guests and staff. It is a floral and dynamic gin with notes of green tea. The vermouth: Esquimalt Wine Company’s Rosso Vermouth is meticulously crafted from 32 botanicals, Wildflower Traditional Mead with the 2013 Schonburger from Venturi-Schulze Vineyards, in the Cowichan Valley, and spirit from Stillhead Distillery in Duncan. And lastly the amaro(s)-to replace the traditional use of Campari-: The Woods Spirit Co. Amaro from North Vancouver and Arbutus Distillery’s Amaro #4 from Nanaimo. Both of these takes on the classic Italian digestif, Amaro, bring the supreme bitterness, bold flavours, and the backbone to this cocktail.