Yields 1 L
- 1 lb fresh chicken livers
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks (½ lb) butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 large apples, Ambrosia or Salish preferred, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz apple brandy, Canados preferred
- Soak chicken livers overnight in Milk
- The next day, dry chicken livers, remove veins and sinews and mix with Kosher salt.
- In a large pan set to medium heat, saute shallot, apple, pepper and thyme in butter until soft, set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, sear the chicken livers until they are caramelized on the outside, but still soft in the middle. Do in 2 batches to ensure even browning.
- Deglaze the pan with Amaretto, add all ingredients back into the pan, and remove from the heat.
- Place all ingredients into your blender. Blend on low, slowly increasing to high speed until completely smooth.
- Pour into jars, ramekins or bowls of your choice. Press saran wrap over parfait until it is touching the entire surface so no air can reach it.
- Keep refrigerated for up to one week.
- Try serving this Parfait as the star of your next charcuterie board, it goes well with some toasted hazelnuts and fresh apples on top as garnish. Get some crusty sourdough or ciabatta to compliment.
- This recipe could easily be enjoyed at a potluck, packaged and gifted, or just enjoyed solo with your favourite BC Bubble!