The Naramata Inn’s version of a Cosmopolitan. The “cosmo” was invented in the 1970’s when bartender, Neal Murray, added cranberry juice to a Kamikaze and the first taster of the drink declared, “How cosmopolitan!”. This drink’s popularity skyrocketed in the 2000’s after being showcased on “Sex & the City”. A traditional Cosmopolitan is made with citron vodka, lime juice, and cranberry juice. Our version, here at the Inn, is made with Sheringham vodka, Okanagan Spirits cranberry liqueur, and Creek & Gully spartan apple juice. It is still as tart as the original but our “naughty” version is a bit more spirit forward with the cranberry liqueur taking the driver’s seat. All of Okanagan Spirits liqueurs are composed solely of 100% of the fruit itself. So, this cranberry liqueur is at its purest and best form and adds beautifully to this simple, yet well known cocktail.
Serves: 1 serving
- 1.5 oz. Sheringham Vodka
- 0.5 oz. Okanagan Spirits Cranberry Liqueur
- 0.75 oz. Creek & Gully spartan apple juice
- 0.25 oz. honey syrup
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass, or your favourite glass at home
- Garnish with a dried cranberry
- Serve in a Nick & Nora glass or one of your favourite glasses at home.