This is our holiday version of an espresso martini. The Woods Nocino is the front runner of this drink and is a perfect digestive on its own, or in a cocktail such as The Nutcracker. Nocino is a traditional Northern Italian liqueur made with unripe walnuts that are still soft in their green husks. The Wood’s Nocino is composed of Summerland green walnuts, picked just after the summer solstice, and is distilled in North Vancouver using Fabio Martini’s family inspired recipe, the co-owner and distiller. This espresso martini is also made with Legend Distilling Blasted Brew liqueur, Arbutus Distilleries Vanilla Liqueur, and Tug 6 espresso. A sweet and powerful combination of flavours that will give you the jolt you may need to get through the holiday season.
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 oz. The Woods Nocino
- 0.75 oz. Legend Blasted Brew
- 0.25 oz. Arbutus Vanilla Liqueur
- 1 shot fresh pulled espresso
- cocoa nib rimmer from Legend Distilling
- Add all ingredients, adding espresso last over ice, in a shaker and shake
- Strain over a large ice cube in an old fashioned glass
- Design cocoa nib rimmer in a design of your choice
- Serve in an old fashioned glass over ice or in our favourite glass at home.